In planning this big move to WordPress, I was a bit concerned about importing all the existing posts and comments to the new site. The importation itself is no big deal, WP cranks that right out. It was all my self-referencing internal absolute links (and image links) that had me worried.

I did some research and explored some options and came up with a possible solution. I found a search-and-replace plugin, and I thought I could maybe use that to change all the links (anchor and image and audio and whatever) over to reference the new domain.

I ran the theory by my Official Technical Advisor, Hans, in a brief consultatory meeting. He concured that this method was probably my best option.

Further testing has brought very satisfactory results, it looks like this particular dragon has been slewn.